The YMBA has been present in Sri Lanka Since 1898 with a single goal in mind. As one of the key Buddhist movements in the country the YMBA has adhered to promoting the teachings of the Buddha Dhamma to the youth...Read More
1. To provide facilities for, and to foster the study and the propagation of the Buddha Dhamma.
2. To encourage the practical observance of the Buddha Dhamma.
3. To promote unity and co-operation among Buddhists.
4. To advance the moral, cultural, physical and social welfare of Buddhists. and
5. To promote the interests of Buddhis...
Since the arrival of foreigners on the shores of Ceylon and the conquest of the whole country by the British in 1815, the most epoch-making event in the history of Buddhism in this country was the arrival of Colonel Henry Stele Olcott in 1880. His arrival marked the beginning of the Buddhist revival and the drive towards giving Buddhism its rightful place in...Read More